One of the most commonly asked questions we get at Waltz and Sons is: “What are the Pros and Cons of leaving our pilot lit during the off season?”
Lets start with the Cons since that is what customers typically worry about the most.
* Usually burns 5-8 gallons of fuel a month.
* Produces a small amount of heat.
* Not all customers are familiar or comfortable trying to light a pilot.
Now let’s consider the Pros of leaving your pilot lit during the off season:
* Deters animals and insects from building nests in and around appliances and venting systems. These nests often create service issues and cost you time and money to have a propane technician come to your home to clean and service your appliance.
* Prevents moisture in the air from causing corrosion and keeps your appliances in better working condition and lasting longer.
* Ensures that the pilot assembly stays clean and requires less service. While the choice is always yours, our service team has the experience and knowledge to say that the pros definitely outweigh the cons for our customers.
Leaving your pilot lit during the off season will not only save you money on service and maintenance, but will also keep your appliances in better working condition. If you have any service issues with your propane appliances, please contact us at Waltz & Sons.filed under: General